AMRC Training Centre update from Nikki Jones, Director of the AMRC Training Centre: 14/05/2021
The government has published a roadmap on how they plan to ease lockdown restrictions in England (this can be found here), which states that further education and higher education practical courses are able to return to the classroom from Monday, March 8 2021.
The AMRC Training Centre is committed to the safe return of students and will implement a phased return to the centre. All students have been contacted with information regarding their return to the training centre. If you have any questions about when you should be returning to the centre, please contact email@example.com.
Before attending the AMRC Training Centre:
- Face coverings must always be worn in the centre.
- Do not come into the training centre if you or anyone else in your household has symptoms
- Do not come into the training centre if you have been identified as a contact and asked to self-isolate by NHS track and trace, even if you have no symptoms
- You must complete the steps outlined on our apprentice support page if either of the above apply to you
- Our canteen will remain closed due to the current restrictions so please continue to bring your own food, drinks and cutlery
- Please read our apprentice and employer Covid-19 support pages for further information.
You can find all up-to-date University of Sheffield wide confirmed cases of Covid-19 online. These figures include any confirmed cases at the AMRC Training Centre.
We know that it is a difficult time and we have a student support team on hand to offer you any support. You can find more information on our student support pages or contact student support directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
University of Sheffield Covid-19 Testing (Lateral Flow Tests)
We are supporting the Government's lateral flow test initiative in which FREE lateral flow tests (that provide results within 24 hours) are available to all. Now that restrictions are easing, more staff and students will be coming into the training centre. We encourage all staff and students to make use of the FREE lateral flow tests available to them.
We recommend that tests are done twice a week (e.g. on Wednesday and Sunday). Results should be recorded on the Government website.
There are a few ways you can obtain tests:
- Ordered online and delivered to your home address via the Government website.
- Collect from your local chemist or supermarket pharmacy
- At your local testing centre
- At the University of Sheffield Covid-19 testing centre.
These tests are for students and staff that are not showing any Covid-19 symptoms. If you develop symptoms of Covid-19, self-isolate, book an NHS test and inform the University.
It is important that we keep working together to stay safe.